Saturday, October 6, 2012

I don't really know where to start. I guess I never really fit in anywhere and I never knew how to talk to other people. I grew up on the cape and most of my time at school was miserable. The other kids didn't like me, I was too ugly or fat or dumb. It was a new thing everyday I never knew what I had done to make them so angry. Ever since I can remember the girls would tease me and the boys would ignore me. Going into seventh grade I had three close friends, two moved away, and one is the reason Im alive today. It was terrible. People posted things about me on myspace, they would anon message me telling me how fat I was or how disgusted they were by me. I couldn't stop the voices telling me that they were right, I was nothing. I went throughout middle school like that continually not showing up to school crying all morning till I couldn't breath begging my mother not to make me go in. She quickly learned I wasn't sick just tormented and brought me to a therapist who I quickly attached to. I told her everything about how my parents fought, how I "accidently" got hurt, and how I wanted to be skinny even if it meant eating only every three days. I went to high school and things got worse. Peggy, my therapist got pregnant. The kids at school were now older and meaner and this time I brought it upon myself. It was the first year a boy had ever called me pretty. He used me. He told everyone I was a slut. Thats what the girls called me. I stopped going to school but the messages kept coming. I felt even uglier than before. Peggy went away. she never even said goodbye, I was just her job she didnt care. It broke my heart and so I hurt myself. The kids at my school made me not want to go to class, they made me want to hurt my own body, they made me not want to eat. My mom brought me to the hospital when I got really out of control. Growing up wasn't easy, even just a few days ago I was told how my repulsive presence was unacceptable by some boys in my grade but I didnt hurt myself like I used to because I got help. Its still hard to go to school, l I still skip sometimes, those days when people won't stop tormenting me I just want it all behind me. I will never understand why they have the right to make me want to drop out of school and just leave it all behind but some how they hold that power. 

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment