Friday, June 15, 2012

I am something more. It took me years to realize it, but I am! When I was a freshman in high school the bullying started, and oh my goodness; when it rains, it pours! Things got worse than they have had in my junior year. I was in the hospital for about 2 months straight because no doctor could figure out what was wrong with me. Now that we look back and realize all that was going on and put the pieces together, every sickness I felt was stress-induced. Girls nowadays are incredibly vicious and they can say so many hurtful things. I was called just about every name in the book because I was friends with a "popular" guy and the girls at the school hated me for it. Everyday I'd literally be scared because there was a group of 7 girls predominately, and they were always together. But I learned one on one? They were just as scared as I was when it was all of them. They could find nothing to say when they were on their own. It got worse a few months later, when people found out that I wasn't for gay marriage in New York. I wasn't bashing homosexuals, or even saying anything rude about them, because I have friends and family that live in that lifestyle. But because I stood for what I believed in, I was told to go hang myself on a cross, kill myself, I was threatened to get jumped, and many other things. I was scared to leave my house. My Mom would cry every day when I had to go to school and be physically sick because she would never know if I was going to get hurt that day. But you know what? If you don't react, they DO get bored of it. I couldn't have done it without God, my family, and my very few true friends. Bottom line is, you're being noticed. Therefore you must be doing something right, or people wouldn't know who you were. Stay strong in you. Focus on the people who love you and you love them. Pray about it. I promise it'll help.

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment